PRODRIVER is a ground vehicle virtual driver software. By using physical mathematical models of the vehicle and by representing the driving requirements as mathematical expressions, the motion planning problem is translated into an optimization problem that is solved continuously. Trajectories are therefore updated in real time and fast enough to guarantee safe reaction to moving obstacles and seamless driving performance. Below are some of the main characteristics of PRODRIVER.
- Built on state-of-the-art MISRA-C compliant real-time optimization technology FORCESPRO
- Capable of planning complex maneuvers at the physical limits, delivering smooth driving trajectories and passenger comfort
- Fast adaptation to future vehicles – no machine learning or vehicle training required
- Deterministic mathematical approach based on physics, allowing for easier certification
- Same motion planning core for all ADAS/AD functions – from ACC to full autonomy
- Can drive in mixed traffic and never encountered situations
- Can coordinate multiple vehicles
- Gated areas certified from Q3 2024
- It is provided with a set of tools for tuning and visualization.
protect: OUR SOLUTION TOwards ISO26262 certification
PROTECT is our solution to meet the requirements of the road vehicle functional safety standards (ISO26262). We have started the certification process in Q4 2019, and we expect PROTECT to achieve the Automotive Safety Integrity Level ASIL C for gated areas by Q3 2024.
PROTECT is a downstream component that validates one or multiple trajectories (generated via one, or many redundant motion planners) and only sends validated commands to the vehicle’s actuators. Because it is a certified component, PROTECT removes the extremely hard requirement of certifying the complex motion planning software, which will only need to be Quality Managed (QM).
Looking for more information?
If you’d like to find out more about PRODRIVER, let us know. Either use the webform on the right or book a meeting via the link below. Our team of experts will be happy to discuss more details with you.